NO WIN NO FEE
Our No Win – No Fee arrangement (also referred to as a Contingency Fee agreement) provides access to justice and legal representation to many litigants who would otherwise not be able to afford it. The Contingency Fees Act (Act 66 of 1997) was promulgated by Parliament in direct response to growing concern that access to legal justice was beyond the reach of many, and increasingly restricted to those with the financial resources to pay for it. The Contingency Fees Act sets out strict rules that apply to these type of fee agreements and these will be explained to you in detail.
Under the Contingency Fee agreement, if your claim is unsuccessful you may not need to pay any legal fees. We offer these agreements on a case by case basis if we are satisfied that your claim has legal merit and that you are fully aware of the implications and conditions that apply.
WHEN YOU INSTRUCT OUR LAW FIRM WE UNDERTAKE TO:
- Work on your claim in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Regularly inform you of the progress of your claim.
- Consult you before any special or unusual expense is incurred.
IN RETURN, WE ASK THAT YOU, IN GENERAL:
- Tell us openly and honestly everything that is relevant to your claim and let us know of any material change in your circumstances that might impact on your claim.
- Fully cooperate with us and do everything that we reasonably ask.
- Accept and follow all reasonable advice that we give you.
- Retain JR Attorneys as your legal representatives until your claim is finalised.
Our law firm offers very competitive rates for legal work done. Your legal practitioner will take you through the Contingency Fees arrangement and cost structure in more detail during your first consultation.